Caldwell Canadian Value Momentum Fund
The Caldwell Canadian Value Momentum Fund is now a Prospectus Mutual Fund.
Click here for details.
Reasons To Own:
- Our exclusive screening process identifies companies that are creating significant value for investors.
- Our portfolio of 15-25 stocks means our clients' money is focused on owning the best opportunities the market has to offer (no closet indexing here).
- A demonstrated ability to outperform in falling markets.
- The Fund ranks in the top percentile in the Morningstar Canadian Equity category for the 5-year return ended August 2016.
- A 5 year track record of outperformance speaks to a successful history of decision making and a proven and repeatable investment process.
The CCVMF uses a proprietary, quantitative model to screen the Canadian market for stocks that are undergoing a positive re-rating by the market. The model uncovers these stocks by combining the disciplines of value and momentum to create an investing style we coined MARP, "Momentum at a Reasonable Price." The MARP model combines screening and ranking methodologies on a custom set of quantitative factors to produce a list of strict buy and sell decisions. These are further vetted by our portfolio management team through a fundamental research overlay in order to prevent unwanted risks in the portfolio. The result is a portfolio that owns 15-25 of the most timely stocks in Canada.
The Fund has demonstrated the potential for superior investment results with reduced risk. Companies uncovered by the MARP model are undergoing a positive fundamental change driven by company or industry-specific events. These are often independent of factors driving the overall market, which has allowed the Fund to demonstrate low correlation with market moves. In particular, the Fund has shown a strong ability to produce favorable results in down markets.
Portfolio Management Team
FundGrade ratings are to be used for information purposes only and are not intended to provide financial, tax, accounting, legal or investment advice. You should not rely FundGrade ratings in any way. If you need information about a specific financial, tax, accounting, legal or investment issue, you should consult an appropriately-qualified professional adviser. Fundata does not make any recommendations regarding the advisability of investing in any particular security or securities generally. You agree that these ratings or any other information made available through Fundata are not a substitute for the exercise of independent judgment and expertise.