Caldwell Canadian Value Momentum Fund
Reasons To Own:
- Our exclusive screening process identifies companies that are creating significant value for investors.
- Our portfolio of 15-20 stocks means our clients' money is focused on owning the best opportunities the market has to offer (no closet indexing here).
- The Fund has a tendency to perform better when markets decline.
- The Fund ranks in the top percentile in the Morningstar Canadian Equity category for the 5-year return ended August 2016.
- A 5 year track record speaks to a successful history of decision making and a proven and repeatable investment process.
The CCVMF uses a proprietary, quantitative model to screen the Canadian market for stocks that are undergoing a positive re-rating by the market. The model uncovers these stocks by combining the disciplines of value and momentum to create an investing style we coined MARP, "Momentum at a Reasonable Price." The MARP model combines screening and ranking methodologies on a custom set of quantitative factors to produce a list of strict buy and sell decisions. These are further vetted by our portfolio management team through a fundamental research overlay in order to prevent unwanted risks in the portfolio. The result is a portfolio that owns 15-20 of the most timely stocks in Canada.
The Fund has demonstrated the potential for superior investment results with reduced risk. Companies uncovered by the MARP model are undergoing a positive fundamental change driven by company or industry-specific events. These are often independent of factors driving the overall market, which has allowed the Fund to demonstrate low correlation with market moves. In particular, the Fund has shown a strong ability to produce favorable results in down markets.